Why? Because it takes the guess work out of promoting your business they are more targeted to what you what to achieve, for example if you want more direct sales you can do that. Boosting your post does simply that allows your post to reach more people but does not always do what you want it to do.
How do I use Facebook ads for my business?
- Go to the Facebook Business Page
- Click on create an Ad and it will come up with a list of marketing objectives
Here is a quick run down of what each section does
Brand awareness: Reach people more likely to pay attention to your ads and increase awareness for your brand.
Reach: Show your ad to the maximum number of people.
Traffic: Send more people to a destination on or off Facebook such as a website, app or Messenger conversation.
Engagement: Get more people to see and engage with your post or Page. Engagement can include comments, shares, likes, event responses and offer claims.
App Installs: Send people to the app store where they can download your app.
Video Views: Promote videos that show behind-the-scenes footage, product launches or customer stories to raise awareness about your brand.
Lead Generation: Collect lead information from people interested in your business.
Messages: Get more people to have conversations with your business in Messenger to complete purchases, answer questions or offer support.
Conversations: Get people to take valuable actions on your website, app or in Messenger, such as adding payment info or making a purchase. Use the Facebook pixel or app events to track and measure conversions.
Catalog Sales: Create ads that automatically show items from your catalog based on your target audience
Store Visits: Promote multiple business locations to people who are nearby.
Which one is right for you?
Once you click on which area you are after Facebook is in the drivers seat, it will give a list of areas to choose from.
Where you want to drive Traffic: either your Website, App or Messenger.
Who you’re targeting: Location, age, gender and languages.
Detailed targeting: Interests and Behaviors
Placements: I would recommend using Automatic Placements.
Budget: which is where you choose how much you want to spend per day.
It will then give you a preview of the Ad where you can add multiple descriptions and (photos/Images). Then simple click confirm and your ad is launched.
All these options have there purpose, if you’re in the marketing business chances are you will know exactly what you want. But if your a small business here are a few tips.
- Firstly you need to understand Facebook if you’re new to social media you need to have a grasp of what it is all about.
- Be really specific with you’re targeting! you need to choose people most likely to engage with your ad, it will save you a lot of money.
- Do Facebook’s Blue Print course to learn the in’s and out’s
- If you still are unsure of where to start, start with the Traffic feature and bring potential customers straight to your site.
- Have one-two week long campaigns and work out what worked and didn’t work.